Vera Speaks

Thoughts. Advice. Upbraids. General Verbal Vomiting from your favorite mythical Auntie... or, at the very least, your ONLY mythical Auntie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodland Hills, California

I'm a fifty-Something year old gay actor living with my angel husband and our two four-legged angel children in the San Fernando Valley.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vera Speaks - Show 555 - Wobbly-Kneed Wednesday


Call From My Better Judgement, Favorite Quotes, Voicemails, RNSOTD, Christmas Note, A Gay Boy's Guide To Gay, It's Brenda Boo and Roger's I Will Always Love You.

Link: Vera Speaks on Mevio
or
Vera Speaks on iTunes

VeraSpeaks.com
Auntieveracharles@gmail.com
Listener Line: (206) 339-3468
Twitter – Auntievera
Facebook – Auntie Vera Charles

P.O. Box 561
Woodland Hills, CA 91365

1 Comments:

Anonymous Quinquin said...

Thanks for this AGBGTG. I have to say, I watched Will & Grace semi-regularly, and I think it is underappreciated. As you said, it put a gay character into the spotlight, but I think its most important - let's call it merit for lack of a better term - is the constant focus on the character's homosexuality. To me, it was the first show I can remember that focused on that and portrayed it as something normal. Also, there was the idea that gay people can actually have a commited long-term relationship as oppose to the stereotypical promiscuous hedonistic gay man that I was used to seeing on TV (mainly in commemorating Will's 6-year-relationship with his ex-boyfriend if I remember correctly, and said ex-boyfriend's new relationship).

PS: the actor who played the sidekick's name is Sean Hayes, not Stephen...

Friday, April 22, 2011 12:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home