Vera Speaks

Thoughts. Advice. Upbraids. General Verbal Vomiting from your favorite mythical Auntie... or, at the very least, your ONLY mythical Auntie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodland Hills, California

I'm a fifty-Something year old gay actor living with my angel husband and our two four-legged angel children in the San Fernando Valley.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Vera Speaks - Show 541 - Fortitudinal Friday Edition


Christmas Note Update, The Saga Of The Corned Beef, Ask Auntie Vera, Voicemails, It's Brenda Boo Again and Helen Reddy.

Link: Vera Speaks on Mevio
or
Vera Speaks on iTunes

VeraSpeaks.com
Auntieveracharles@gmail.com
Listener Line: (206) 339-3468
Twitter – Auntievera
Facebook – Auntie Vera Charles

P.O. Box 561
Woodland Hills, CA 91365

2 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Fein said...

Hi Auntie Vera!


I love the music of Helen Reddy. That Ain't No Way To Treat A Lady is one of my favorite songs from her.Thank you for playing the music of Helen Reddy. Take Care. From The Good Humor Penquin.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous chris said...

Enjoyed the episode, however this was the first I'd heard of there being a traditional dish of corned beef and cabbage. All I knew was that it was a feast day rather than a specific meal.

Apparently, it's an Irish-American dish created by Irish immigrants to the US because corned beef was much cheaper than bacon there - I'd say that, and US bacon (pork belly) doesn't really compare well to the type we're used to (back bacon) ;)

Mind you, when you said "corned beef" my brain came up with the canned stuff and thought that would be a bit of a sad looking meal. Totally forgot corned beef also includes salted beef that can be much nicer than the type I initially thought of. Also, can't believe I never realised pastrami was a form of corned beef until now >.<

Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home