Vera Speaks

Thoughts. Advice. Upbraids. General Verbal Vomiting from your favorite mythical Auntie... or, at the very least, your ONLY mythical Auntie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodland Hills, California

I'm a fifty-Something year old gay actor living with my angel husband and our two four-legged angel children in the San Fernando Valley.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vera Speaks - Show 604 - Will-Ya Wednesday Edition


"Weekend Recap Part Deux", "I Saw This On TV" and A Song For Conscience.

Link: Vera Speaks on Mevio
or
Vera Speaks on iTunes

Vera’s Amazon Wish List

VeraSpeaks.com
Auntieveracharles@gmail.com
Listener Line: (206) 339-3468
Twitter – Auntievera
Facebook – Auntie Vera Charles

P.O. Box 561
Woodland Hills, CA 91365

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love The Waltons. It brings back such memories. But for some reason, and maybe it's only me, I get depressed when I hear that theme song.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Quinquin said...

Gosh, Auntie, I'd rather you watch The Waltons than those f-ing Hoarders...

Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Quinquin said...

For a moment I thought you would play "I'd rather be blue thinking of you I'd rather be blue over you" from the Funny Girl-movie.
And like any Eurovision-geek I immediately recognized the song you played for Conscience as "L'amour est bleu" with which the wonderful Vicky Leandros entered the Eurovision Song Contest for Luxembourg for the first time in the mid 60s (she eventually won the contest for Luxembourg a couple of years later with "Après toi"). I'm sure she recorded an English version of it, too, and a French version, German and Dutch versions, an Italian version, and probably a Japanese version as well... Vicky is fabulous on an international level!
I've never heard an instrumental version of it though.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home