Vera Speaks

Thoughts. Advice. Upbraids. General Verbal Vomiting from your favorite mythical Auntie... or, at the very least, your ONLY mythical Auntie.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodland Hills, California

I'm a fifty-Something year old gay actor living with my angel husband and our two four-legged angel children in the San Fernando Valley.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Vera Speaks - Show 602 - Fall-In-Love Friday Edition


"Ask Auntie Vera", "RNSOTD", "It's Brenda Boo Again" and My Love.

Link: Vera Speaks on Mevio
or
Vera Speaks on iTunes

Vera’s Amazon Wish List

VeraSpeaks.com
Auntieveracharles@gmail.com
Listener Line: (206) 339-3468
Twitter – Auntievera
Facebook – Auntie Vera Charles

P.O. Box 561
Woodland Hills, CA 91365

2 Comments:

Anonymous Quinquin said...

Auntie Dearest, I hope your husband and you spent a wonderful anniversary yesterday. Your relationship/marriage is an inspiration to me! Have many more!
XO

Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Scott said...

A term my mother always used may be useful to you, when trying to explain why you clean before the maids arrive. You are not really cleaning so much as picking things up and putting them away. Every Thursday, my mother would remind us, "Pick up your room, so Rita can clean." Rita was our "girl," the slightly racist term used in the South for the maid who came once a week to clean the white folks' house. So, you are "picking up" the house, so the maids can clean the underlying dirt. And before you get all Yankee P.C. on my ass, you should know that Rita was an important part of my childhood. She made the best pimento cheese sandwiches ever. The fact that I ate mine at the table, and she ate hers in the laundry room? Meaningless.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home